Fly MEKANIKA is a transnational joint venture co-founded by 3 European (2 British and 1 Spanish) companies: MacMillan Aviation Ltd., Brookson 5224J Ltd. & EFL Horizon SLU.
We operate from Wales (United Kingdom) and Asturias (Spain).
We share one common vision and an innovative way of working to our clients as well as highly value-added solutions in different technological sectors with a broad knowledge and know-how of the aerospace industry and products
Our core areas are: Mechanical and Electrical Design, FE-Analysis and Composite Materials.
We have a multidiciplinary vocation and collaborate with our clients in cutting edge activities along the entire product life cycle.
Gareth A. Jones
He is a Senior Design Engineer with 25+ years experience, who has worked for a number of high profile companies such as
Rolls-Royce, Airbus, GKN Aerospace, Safran, Strachan & Henshaw (now Babcock) and Westland Helicopters.
From Concept Design through to Manufacture he embraces several areas of expertise:
• Concept design to manufacture
• Design Signatory Approval
• Machined components
• Structural steelwork
• Aircraft Structures
• 3D Modelling (CAD)
• 2D Drafting (CAD)
Eduardo is a Senior Stress Engineer specialized in Structural Analysis of Composite Materials and Structures (MSc.) with about 10-years-experience.
He has worked mainly for OEMs in the aviation industry such as, Airbus Gmbh, General Dynamics, Messier-Dowty, Zodiac Aerospace, Gusto Bv, Voith and Safran. His skill set includes:
• FEA (linear, non-linear, normal modes, Harmonic response,...)
Patran/Nastran, Femap, Hypermesh, Ansys
• CFD/FSI/ Optimization
• Hand calculations (Aerospace manuals:Bruhn, ESDU, NIU,...)
• 3D CAD Modelling (Autodesk Inventor & SolidEdge)
• Project Management
• Stress Signatory Approval
• Composite Repairs
• Rapid Prototyping
• Requirements Management (V&V)
• CVE Training
• Aviation (Primary/Secondary Structures) and Offshore/Naval industry
Mathew J. MacMillan
Senior Design Engineer Airbus certified with almost 30 years experience mainly in the aerospace/military industry.
Main collaborations include RAF, DARA St Athan, BAMC, Airbus, Hyde, Fokker, Safran and Northrop Grumman.
His skills can be summarized as follows:
• Major Structural/Mechanical MODs
• Electrical Harness Design 2D & 3D
• Satellite Communication
• TDQN Process
• Composite repairs
• Aircraft Civil and Military Structures
• Operational Planner/Scheduler